Sunday 26 February 2012

*Textiles*

I took the textiles support module last year (first year) and it has been one of my favourite modules to date. My final collection was created by using my own hand-cut stencils, discharge paste (which bleached out the colour in the swatches) and then hand embroidering detail into them. My pieces were quite different to everyone else. My peers were all fashion students and you could easily distinguish between my 'graphic' approach and their generally softer, floral patterns.

I used neon thread for the embroidered detail and neon wool for my knit samples, however this has not shown up on these scanned versions... 

Inspired by Henry Holland: rhymes about my favourite models.

Model images to accompany above sample.

Inspired by paper dolls.


Pacman



Again inspired by paper dolls. This sample has a double-image effect: if you look at the
upside-down triangles, you see three shapes on top of one another. If you look at the
negative space circles, you can see the 'ladies'.

Tetris


Model names


Pacman knit, creating a punch-hole pattern card and using the knit machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment