Monday 27 February 2012

Lori Nix

I came across the work of Lori Nix on a blog and it reminded me of one of my favourite books which I don't own because it is somewhat of a collectors item now but is definately worth a look at if you can. It is hauntingly beautiful and what you see will stay with you for a long time.
Nix's work combines the ideas of global abandonment and disaster with the innocent and vulnerable nature of miniature creations. They are very realistic and some are equally as haunting as Polidori's photographs. I am interested in abandoned buildings, having explored quite a few myself, there is nothing quite like the 'buzz' you get. A mixture of fear, adrenaline and an overactive imagination makes the exploration and wonder of what happened and who was affected even more intense.
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment