Sunday 19 February 2012

*Pimp Your Own Crepes*

I have an interest in rare and eye-catching trainers. For a while I had been looking for some customs, however their price tags were far beyond my budget and so I made the brave decision to take a pair of pure white Nike Air Max (I excessively clean my trainers) and make my own....




For the right shoe, I went with a toy story theme, copying existing images onto the shoe with a black 'write 4 all' pen. I also coloured the Nike swoosh in black.









The nib on the pen wasn't quite as thin as I would have liked, this made the finer detail quite difficult and caused a few features not to work as well as I'd hoped. That said, seeing as I worked straight onto the shoe, without a plan or practice piece, I am proud of the outcome.


For the left shoe, I chose a Rugrats theme...











I like this second shoe much more, it went better having got used to working on leather. I decided to keep the design to line-work, partly because I wouldn't have been able to get all the colours I needed in 'write 4 all pens' and partly because I didn't want to loose the details of the outlines. I am glad I didn't 'ruin' my shoes and that I could (with practise) create my own custom 'crepes' without paying a small fortune for them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment