Sunday 4 March 2012

*Street Stickers*

For a previous project I produced a blad (booklet design) with the title "street art uk". We could use found imagery but for the front cover I created my own piece. I printed some blank "hello my name is" stickers and then drew on existing artists' tags. I stuck them to a wall on my house and took photos everyday to see how they naturally degraded with the weather. There was no human contact with them, I wanted purely natural erosion. For my final covers I had the original quality on the front and an image from a few weeks later on the back. I merged them together so it would also run as a full spread. I'm quite pleased with how it came out.


I will show the blad pages in a seperate post but here are the photographs of the tag stickers...




Day one:

It was raining as I put them up so the ink immediately started to bleed...

Day two:

Day Three:

Day Four:


 Day Five:


Day Six:

Day Seven:

Day Eight:

These photos were taken over a two week period and the effect of natural causes on the 'stickers' is exactly what I wanted to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment