Wednesday 14 March 2012

*Keep Colchester Cycling*

We were given a brief last week to design the frame for a 20" mini wheeler as part of a new scheme in Colchester where recycled bikes will be avaliable for hire.
I haven't designed anything for an existing company/organisation before but I gave it my best shot...





These images are not very good quality (I am hoping for a camera for my birthday this week!) but they give a rough idea of my proposal. I wanted to cover the frame in maps of Colchester, using Ordinance survey maps, cheap tourist ones and road maps.
I created a 3D application dummy of the whole frame using straws and maps (top right corner) and then applying maps to cardboard tubes (bottom left) to give a sense of what it would look like on the 3D structure.

I didn't think much of my proposal but................................ I GOT SELECTED!

I now have the frame, in pieces, at my house and am awaiting the maps I have ordered to turn up so i can get started. Keep tuned for progress pictures.

I am also featured on the Keep Colchester Cycling website, take a look for more information:


http://keepcolchestercycling.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment